Request a Quote
Who needs Marine Insurance?
A few types of businesses that may need this insurance coverage:
- Terminal Operators
- Ship builders
Insurance solutions for businesses in the Marine Industry, generally include the following:
- Business Personal Property – Business personal property insurance provides coverage for the building, equipment, fixtures, furniture, merchandise, etc., identified in an insurance policy as owned by the insured and used in the business.
- Business Interruption Insurance – Business interruption insurance provides protection for your cash flow and your future earnings in the event of a fire or other disaster.
- Commercial Crime Coverage – Commercial crime policies are designed to insure against certain types of losses that are not covered by a standard commercial property policy, such as employee dishonesty, theft and forgery.
- Accounts Receivable Insurance – Accounts receivable insurance provides coverage in the event that a customer fails to make debt payments.
- General Liability Insurance – General liability insurance provides coverage if your business is found to be legally liable for damages caused by bodily injury or other physical injury, personal injury (including libel and slander), advertising injury property damage as a result of your products, premises or operations.
- Environmental Impairment – Environmental impairment provides coverage for the liability and/or cleanup costs associated with pollution.
- Valuable Papers Insurance – Valuable papers insurance provides reimbursement for the value of valuable papers or records (such as building permits or corporate charters) that are destroyed or lost.
- Umbrella Insurance – Umbrella insurance serves as an additional layer of liability insurance. It protects your assets from major claims and lawsuits.
- Non-ownership Automobile – Non-owned vehicle insurance provides coverage when you or your employees use vehicles for your business that are not covered under your commercial auto insurance policy.
Given the complex and specialized nature of businesses within the marine industry, it is important that you speak with your insurance broker to make sure that you have the proper insurance coverages in place. Doing
so will help protect your bottom lines and provide peace of mind. Contact one of our commercial insurance experts today to discuss options further.